Thursday, November 06, 2008

Parkside on Ellery

Last week I was in Boston for a conference, and I stayed at an excellent Bed & Breakfast in Cambridge. Parkside on Ellery is located off the beaten track, in a residential area, at walking distance to Harvard Square and Harvard University. For transport you can either take the subway from Harvard Square, or, on weekdays, the bus line 68 on the corner will take you straight down to the centre of town. The place is quiet and the rooms are homely and comfy.

If you ever go there, please send my regards to David, your host. He is very hospitable and gave me lots of helpful local advice during my stay.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

We just made reservations at Parkside B&B, and I've been hard-pressed to find reviews. What room did you stay in, and what was your impression of the neighborhood?

9:58 PM  
Blogger glyn said...

Hi Kevin,

I stayed at first the Cambridge room and then the Victorian room (none of them were available for my whole stay so I split my stay between them). Both were excellent rooms.

The difference is in the interior design and the atmosphere it creates: the Victorian room is romantic and warm, whereas the Cambridge room is stylish and simple. Both rooms have everything you need, including a desk for working, internet, and lots of space for your clothes and luggage.

I like the neighbourhood, calm, clean and friendly, but I did not go exploring a lot. I spent most of my time at a conference down at the MIT.
-glyn

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home